Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Evening Standard
Evening Standard
National
Megan White

Stanwell stabbing: Man appears in court charged with 'terror attack'

Police in Viola Avenue in Stanwell on Sunday (Picture: Steve Parsons/PA)

A man has appeared in court after he was accused of trying to kill a teenager in an alleged terror attack.

Vincent Fuller, 50, is said to have been heard ranting about "white supremacy" before allegedly lunging through a car window at 19-year-old Dimitar Mihaylov's head and neck with a knife in a Tesco car park on Town Lane, Stanwell, on March 16.

The alleged victim, believed to be from Bulgaria, was left with wounds to his neck and hand after the attack.

Prosecutors are treating it as terrorism because Fuller was allegedly heard shouting "white supremacy" and "I'm going to kill Muslims" in the hours leading up to the attack.

Police search a property in Viola Avenue, Stanwell, as investigations continued into a stabbing which is being treated as a terrorist incident (Steve Parsons/PA)

He is also said to have agreed with the Christchurch terror attack the previous day, which left 50 people dead.

Fuller appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday charged with attempted murder and possession of a knife over the incident.

He is further charged with causing racially aggravated fear or provocation of violence over an alleged incident with his neighbour, who is of Indian heritage, earlier on the evening of March 16.

Police at a property in Viola Avenue on Sunday evening (NIGEL HOWARD)

Fuller is also charged with affray and possession of an offensive weapon after allegedly using the baseball bat to indiscriminately attack occupied cars.

District Judge Michael Snow remanded him in custody and sent the case to the Old Bailey, where Fuller will appear on Friday as part of the court's next terrorism list.

The judge told Fuller: "All charges are now sent to the Central Criminal Court to be heard there.

"You will appear there, almost certainly, by way of videolink on March 29 when the judge will give directions for the smooth running of the case."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.