Check out this week’s “Spinning Back Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly live show that takes a spin through the biggest topics in mixed martial arts. This week’s panel of Mike Bohn, Nolan King and Danny Segura will join host “Gorgeous” George Garcia live at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) to discuss and debate:
- Dana White slapping controversy: UFC president Dana White was caught on camera on New Year’s Eve slapping his wife twice after she slapped him. White once said, perhaps now infamously, that you “don’t come back” from putting your hands on a woman. So far, UFC parent company Endeavor and broadcast partner ESPN have been mum. White’s also getting plenty of support from fans and some of his fighters, who apparently think he was justified hitting his wife back. So what will the fallout be, if anything, and what does it say about the sport if there are no repercussions for him?
- Jake Paul signs with PFL: Jake Paul has been a thorn in MMA’s side for a while. Now the YouTube star-turned-boxer is heading to the PFL, for which he’ll take part in what are expected to be special MMA pay-per-view matchups. Will his move change the landscape of the sport?
- Khabib’s coaching future: Former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, who retired unbeaten, has been spending plenty of time coaching – and was one of MMA Junkie’s Coaches of the Year for 2022. But now he’s making rumblings that he might be stepping away from it. What does that mean?
- Dillon Danis’ stalled career: Dillon Danis has been making all kinds of noise outside of competition. He hasn’t fought in MMA for three and a half years, and a boxing match between him and KSI was set – until Danis withdrew. Are we done with him?
- Jon Jones’ latest tease: Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones once again teased a return and said he’s going to have a big 2023. Former two-division UFC champion Henry Cejudo, who has been working with him, said he’ll be the Fighter of the Year. We’re almost three years removed from Jones’ most recent fight. Will it be fact or fiction that he’s going to return at heavyweight to be the sport’s best again?
“Spinning Back Clique” is released each Monday LIVE on MMA Junkie’s YouTube channel. You can watch this week’s episode in the video above.