Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo
National
Ellen Kirwin

Slug and Lettuce coronavirus outbreak as staff forced to self isolate

Yet another Liverpool bar and restaurant has been hit by a case of coronavirus.

The Slug and Lettuce bar and restaurant, on North John Street, confirmed a staff member had tested positive for the virus last week.

The positive staff member and other colleagues they were in contact with in work and in a social setting are now said to be isolating.

A spokesperson for Slug & Lettuce said: “We were advised a member of staff had taken a test on Sunday and we were informed of the positive result on the Monday evening when we immediately informed those team members that were both socialising and working with her to self-isolate.

Keep up to date with coronavirus cases in your area by adding your postcode below:

“Our robust cleaning regimes ensure our premises remain COVID 19 safe, table service is in operation and all team members are equipped with PPE to minimise any exposure to themselves and customers.”

Despite the outbreak, the restaurant chain has decided to stay open.

The news comes after t hree more Liverpool city centre businesses had to close their doors for the foreseeable future following the new coronavirus restrictions.

Venues closing this week due to the new stricter regulations include Alma de Cuba, The Cavern Club and Festival food and drink.

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here.

Though, it is thought many more across Merseyside have shut due to the 10pm curfew, the rule of 6 and the table service rules.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.