
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi asserted the necessity to continue implementing security plans and strategies that depend on preemptive strikes against terrorism and crime and to achieve the security of citizens and the state, all while remaining committed to law and human rights.
This statement was made during Sisi's meeting with the Supreme Council of Police in Cairo on Thursday.
Sisi's spokesman Ambassador Bassam Radi stated that the president saluted the policemen for their efforts during the past period – he also stressed the necessity of continuing coordination between the security bodies and the armed forces in general to maintain the success achieved in Comprehensive Operation – Sinai 2018.
Egypt’s army and police have been conducting a huge security operation in the north and center on Sinai since Feb. 9 to purge that zone from ‘extremists’ who are pro-ISIS.
Meanwhile, the Egyptian government and the religious affairs committee in parliament discussed on Thursday the special preparations and arrangements for holding the world peace forum, under the patronage of Sisi, to spread the culture of coexistence and forgiveness. The forum is scheduled on Oct 18-19 in Saint Catharine.
Parliamentary sources said that the forum aims to spread the culture of forgiveness and to reject terrorism, aggression, and extremism in several places in the world. MP Abdul Hadi Al-Qasabi, head of Egypt's Support coalition, said that he participated in the conference last year and it was a magnificent work with huge efforts.