Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Newcastle Herald
Newcastle Herald
National
Michael Parris

Show organisers put three-day crowd at 40,000

STRONG SHOWING: Part of the busy crowd at Newcastle Show on Saturday. Picture: Max Mason-Hubers

Newcastle Show organisers say last weekend's three-day event attracted more than 40,000 people.

Show general manager Kathryn Thompson said the total attendance of 40,258 produced ticket revenue up 170 per cent on last year.

It was a sunny end to the week for Newcastle Agricultural Horticultural and Industrial Association after it secured a long-awaited $100,000 payment from showground owner Venues NSW.

"It was so wonderful to see smiling faces and people connecting again at the showground," Ms Thompson said on Monday.

In the news

She said it was an "honour to deliver" for the farmers and entertainers who had suffered during COVID-19.

The Showmen's Guild of ride operators reached an 11th-hour rental agreement with the association to attend the show.

"The last show they did was Newcastle, so it was lovely their first one back was us, too," Ms Thompson said.

Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.