Nottingham Forest loanee Renan Lodi seems set to stay at the City Ground this season as there is reportedly 'no ongoing negotiation' with Brazilian side Athletico Paranaense.
The 16-cap Brazil international has been training back with the Curitiba-based club he first joined as a teenager in recent days and is "keeping his shape" after not being named in the national team's squad for the World Cup. Lodi has made eight appearances for the Reds since arriving from parent side Atletico Madrid in late August.
A first goal for the club came against Tottenham Hotspur in the Carabao Cup third round victory, and the left-back also started the final match before the Premier League paused against Crystal Palace, another win. Despite playing reasonably regularly, photos of the player back in Brazil had contributed to rumours about an early end to the loan agreement.
GOAL report, translated by Sport Witness, that despite a return to their homeland 'being the wish of the athlete's family', there is 'no ongoing negotiation between the parties'. The player's pregnant wife has recently claimed that they were 'ready' to raise their child back in Brazil, with Lodi also adding to the speculation by describing Athletico as his "home".
What have you made of Lodi in a Forest shirt? Have your say in the comments...
- Forest forgotten man could secure a January transfer after Steve Cooper's comments
- Forest receive Cheikhou Kouyate injury update after midfielder stretchered off
- Forest transfer state of play on what Reds fans can expect in January
- Forest urged to complete transfer after 'outstanding' World Cup display
- Rio Ferdinand makes 'crazy' Matty Cash price tag claim after Forest transfer