Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Entertainment
James Brinsford

Sharon Osbourne returns to social media with throwback video after The Talk exit

Sharon Osbourne has returned to social media after taking a short break while she tackled her controversial removal from US panel show, The Talk.

The 68-year-old shared an adorable throwback video of her youngest son Jack, who is backstage at a concert in 1992.

The video had been sent to Sharon by her friend Whitfield Crane, who was the lead singer of Ugly Kid Joe in the 90s.

The band supported Ozzy Osbourne on his 1992 solo tour of America and Sharon shared the sweet moment backstage.

The former X Factor judge captioned the video, which she shared on Instagram : "Backstage Conversations."

In the video, a six-year-old Jack shares his thoughts with Whitfield, including how girls make him feel "sick".

Jack also revealed that he was not yet married because he was "only six."

Jack Osbourne as a six-year-old with Ugly Kid Joe singer in 1992 (sharonosbourne/Instagram)

Sharon added in the caption: "Love you and your chats with mini @jackosbourne."

The post comes days after she stepped down from The Talk, two weeks after defending Piers Morgan over his criticism of Meghan Markle, in the aftermath of her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Sharon had insisted that her defence of Piers along with comments that she had made, did not make either of them racist.

Co-hosts Sheryl Underwood and Elaine Welteroth said that they felt unconscious racism was playing a role.

They added it was important for "friends to hold a friend accountable," at which point Sharon became tearful and started shouting at the pair.

Jack Osbourne backstage with Ugly Kid Joe in a throwback video shared by Sharon (sharonosbourne/Instagram)

She apologised days later, writing in a public statement: "I felt panicked, felt blindsided [and] got defensive.

"Please hear me when I say I do not condone racism, misogyny or bullying."

After this, a report in SubStack claimed Sharon had allegedly used racial slurs against former co-star Julie Chen.

Sharon denied all the allegations and said in a statement via her spokesperson, she was "disappointed but unfazed and hardly surprised by the lies, the recasting of history and the bitterness coming out at this moment."

Sharon Osbourne has left The Talk after 11 years (Getty Images)

On Friday, CBS brought her 11 years on the show to an end as it announced that the clash on TV was "upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home," and Sharon announced that she was quitting the show.

It has since been claimed that Sharon will receive a "$5 to $10million" payout from CBS following news she was preparing to sue the network after her leaving.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.