Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo
National
Ben Turner-LE

Second man suspected of murdering Duncan Browne named

A second man has been charged on suspicion of the murder of Duncan Browne killed after a night out in Liverpool city centre.

The 23-year-old victim, an aspiring firefighter suffered a cardiac arrest after allegedly being attacked by three men on Hanover Street on Sunday morning (July 3).

Duncan from Kirkby, died in hospital surrounded by his family the next day.

READ MORE: Street sealed off after gunman opens fire on home

Today detectives confirmed a second suspect had been charged with his murder.

A Merseyside Police spokesperson said: "Detectives investigating the murder of 23-year-old Duncan Browne have charged a second man today, Monday, July 19."

The spokesperson added: "Terrence Kerwin, 34, of no fixed abode, has been charged with murder. He was remanded in custody and will appear at Wirral Adult Remand Court this morning."

Police say the investigation into Duncan's murder continues and anyone with information is asked to contact @MerPolCC or 101 quoting reference 21000465224.

Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

The development comes after another man has previously been charged over the killing.

Michael McLoughlin, 36 of Torus Road, Old Swan, has been charged with his murder and made a brief appearance in court last week.

Detectives investigating the murder said Duncan had "every right" to return home safely from a night out with his friends.

Flowers, balloons and football scarves were left at the scene of the fatal attack, on Hanover Street, this week along with a series of heart-breaking tributes to Mr Browne.

The Everton fan had been out to watch England on Sunday, July 4, when he was assaulted by a group of three men in the early hours of the morning in Hanover Street.

Anyone who was in the area of the City Buffet restaurant between 3.20am-3.40am on Sunday are being urged to come forward and contact police.

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.