Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Newcastle Herald
Newcastle Herald
National
Sage Swinton

Second man fined for going to Argyle after being told to self-isolate

A second man has been fined $5000 for allegedly breaching self isolation to visit The Argyle House last Wednesday, which then became a super spreader event.

Police said the 20-year-old had been told to self-isolate at a Rutherford property from Wednesday, December 8 after being identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case.

But it is alleged he went to The Argyle that night and has since tested positive to COVID-19.

Port Stephens-Hunter Police received information from NSW Health on Tuesday about the alleged breach, and on Thursday issued him with a Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN) for $5000 for failing to comply with a COVID-19 notice direction.

It comes after another 20-year-old was fined $10,000 for attending The Argyle on Wednesday - the same day he was told to self isolate - then going to a home in Adamstown three days later.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.