Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
PTI

Second batch of 250 Indians stranded in Pakistan due to lockdown return home

A batch of 250 Indian nationals stranded in Pakistan due to the lockdown returned to the country through the Wagah Border on Friday.

This is the second batch in as many days after 248 Indians returned home on Thursday. Now, around 250 Indians are stranded in Pakistan and will return to the country on Saturday, Pakistani officials said.

The Wagah Border in Lahore has been opened for three days, from June 25 to June 27, to facilitate repatriation of stranded Indians.

The second batch of 250 Indians left for their homeland today (Friday). They had been stranded here because of COVID-19 lockdown and closure of the international border,” a Pakistan Foreign Ministry official told PTI.

Most of the Indian nationals came to Pakistan to meet their relatives and perform religious rites when the lockdown was imposed. Majority of them were staying in Sindh and Punjab province.

The official said the last batch of 250 Indians will return to their country on Saturday.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.