A driver involved in a horror road crash that left two pensioners dead has been released pending further enquiries.
The 34-year-old was arrested after the incident, but Lanarkshire Live understands he has not been charged as police continue their investigation into the accident.
Driver John Laird, 80, and his friend and passenger Michael McManamon, 73, were both killed in the crash late at night on November 18, at the junction between Mill Street and King's Park Avenue in Rutherglen.
The pair had been travelling in a Mercedes C220 which was involved in a crash with a Ford Mondeo, with the Mondeo driver unhurt.
Relatives of the two men released statements regarding their heartache at the tragedy.
Mr Laird’s family stated: “We are heartbroken and shocked at the loss of our much loved John, a husband, father and grandad.
"He will be sorely missed.
"We are comforted by the kind messages from friends and family who knew him well and appreciated all he did for them.”
Mr McManamon’s family said: "We are devastated at the loss of our much loved dad, papa and friend.
"He will be sorely missed but we are comforted by the messages from the community, who valued his help and friendship over the many years."
Sgt. Gemma Blackadder told us : “Our thoughts remain with both deceased’s family and friends.
“Our enquiries are continuing to establish the full circumstances and I would urge anyone who may be able to help and who hasn’t yet spoken to police to get in touch."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101.
Information can be left anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
**Don't miss the latest headlines from around Lanarkshire. Sign up to our newsletters newsletters here .
And did yo u know Lanarkshire Live is on Facebook? Head over to our page to give us a like and share.