A young boy was left with a collapsed lung and broken ribs after he was allegedly mowed down by a 4x4 at an industrial estate in Glenrothes.
Kian, 10, was with his dad in a yard at the Whitehill Industrial Estate in Glenrothes last Sunday when he was struck by an orange Ford Ranger.
The youngster was rushed to the Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy and then transferred to the Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh.
He suffered a collapsed lung, broken ribs and fractured ankle, as well as cuts and abrasions to his body.
Mum Charry received a frightening phone call from her partner after emergency services arrived.
She claims the driver of the 4x4 left the scene when paramedics said police had been called.
Police have confirmed an investigation has been launched to locate the driver of the vehicle.
Charry told the Record: "He [Kian] was dragged under the motor - he’s lucky to be alive. It was a big car.
"He could have been crushed to death.
Charry said Kian is recovering well from his injuries and the family are just grateful he is alive.
She continued: "He needs help to walk about but he's getting there. His recovery will take time but he's alive, that's the main thing."
She also appealed for local members of the public to come forward with dash cam footage.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Police were called around 12.15pm on Sunday, 5 December, 2021 following the report of a road crash involving a car and a male youth on Whitecraigs Road, Glenrothes.
“Emergency services attended and a 10-year-old boy was taken to hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
“Enquiries are currently ongoing to trace the driver involved.”
Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond. Sign up to our daily newsletter here .