A school has been forced to close to all Reception pupils because of the number of staff testing positive for Covid.
Parents with children at Moston Fields Primary School, in Moston, Manchester, have been told to keep them at home this week and they'll get an update on Friday as to what will happen next week.
Two Reception staff had already tested positive and the school took the action after a third member of staff succumbed to the virus.
A letter to parents states: "Unfortunately over this last week we have had 2 Reception staff who have tested positive for Covid but today we have heard that a 3rd member of Reception teaching staff has also tested positive.
"We had tried to get supply but with the number of supply now needed rising to 3, this is impossible.
"With this low level of staffing, we are unable to provide a safe environment under these circumstances."
Read more: School 'very sorry' as it's forced to close entire year group amid staffing issues
The mum of one Reception child at the school said it's made him wary over returning, but she would rather he be home if it means he is safer.
"He doesn't want to go in, he just said 'will my teachers still have it next week, I don't want to get Covid mum'.
"I do worry about Covid so I would rather my kids be at home."
The closure comes as headteachers are warning of weeks of potential disruption as schools return amid rocketing Omicron cases.

Earlier we reported how another primary - Haveley Hey Community School in Benchill, Wythenshawe - has closed to Year 6 pupils because of 'staffing issues'.
Many headteachers have already put in place back-up plans for home schooling and virtual lessons as cases of Covid continue to rip like wildfire through the workforce.
Has your child's return to school been disrupted this week? Are you worried about the impact of Omicron cases on education? Let us know in the comments here or email any information to emma.gill@reachplc.com