
The Saudi health ministry said on Monday it has detected five new cases of the new coronavirus, state TV reported.
Four Saudi citizens were diagnosed with the disease, three of whom had arrived from Iran and Iraq.
The fifth case is of an Egyptian man who arrived from Egypt to the Kingdom, the ministry added.
This brings the total of coronavirus cases detected in the Kingdom to 20.
Riyadh had announced on Monday it will impose a fine of up to 500,000 riyals ($133,000) on people who do not accurately declare their health details at entry points into the Kingdom.
“All the travelers coming to the Kingdom by international flights, managers and workers of other transportation means have to respect local and international health directives,” the Kingdom’s public prosecutor said in a statement.
Saudi Arabia had already banned travel to Iran. The majority of cases in the Middle East can be traced back to Iran.
It also temporarily suspended travel with the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, South Korea, Egypt, Italy, Iraq, France, Germany, Turkey and Spain and said legal action would be taken against any citizen going to Iran.