Sabri Lamouchi says he’s honoured to have agreed a new contract at Nottingham Forest after his 12-month deal was extended on Friday afternoon, admitting it was always his intention to remain on Trentside.
Talks had been ongoing over the past few weeks with the Frenchman about keeping him at the City Ground, and those conversations have now yielded a positive outcome with Lamouchi agreeing a two-year deal with an option for a third.
The news will come as a timely boost to the Reds on the eve of their Championship return, with a fixture at Sheffield Wednesday to come at Hillsborough on Saturday afternoon as the division restarts after a three-month hiatus.
“I am honoured to be staying at this fantastic football club. It was always my intention to stay here for a long period when I signed last year,” Lamouchi said.
"We have started to build a good team with fantastic characters and I am so pleased to be able to continue on my journey with them. I feel humbled by the level of support the fans have shown me since I arrived on day one and I am truly grateful for this."
Lamouchi also reserved special praise for owner Evangelos Marinakis, calling the level of support from the Greek businessman exceptional.
"I am also thankful for the backing of our owner, Mr Marinakis, whose support for both myself and the team has been exceptional from the very beginning," said the Reds chief.
Just nine games remain of a campaign which was halted due the coronavirus, and Lamouchi will hope to be the first Forest boss to guide the Reds into the Championship play-offs for seven years.