A 17-year-old boy is in a critical condition after falling from the back of a moving car, while a 28-year-old motorcyclist has died after a separate crash on Adelaide roads.
Police said emergency services were called to Campbell Road at Elizabeth Downs just after midnight on Saturday after a 17-year-old boy fell from the back of a car that had been travelling at low speeds.
The 17-year-old Elizabeth South boy was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police said they had spoken to the driver and passenger of the car, both 17-year-olds, who were known to the victim.
Police are investigating and ask anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers.
Meanwhile, a 28-year-old Largs North man has died following a separate crash in Adelaide's inner north on Friday night.
Police said emergency services were called to Churchill Road at Kilburn just after 6:30pm on Friday after a crash involving a ute and a motorbike.
The 28-year-old, who was riding the motorbike, was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital with critical injuries, but died a short time later.
The driver of the car, a 50-year-old Kilburn woman, was taken to hospital as a precaution.
Police said it was the second death on SA roads this year, and the first motorcyclist to lose their life.
Police Minister Joe Szakacs said there was a "significant over-representation in road fatalities in motorcyclists every year".
Mr Szakacs said the state experienced its lowest road toll on record last year, but there was "still so much work to do".
"Seventy people on our roads last year that died is 70 too many … in 2023, I want to see our road toll be lowered again," he said.
"And the only way we can see that happen is if people make better decisions on our roads."
Eight boys, including three 12-year-olds, arrested
In a third, separate incident, police arrested eight boys aged 12 to 17 who were allegedly in a stolen vehicle.
Police said they spotted a Toyota SUV on Sir Donald Bradman Drive just after midnight on Saturday, and checks revealed the car had been stolen the day before from Glynde, in Adelaide's north-east.
Police said they did not attempt to stop the car but called in Polair to assist from above.
According to police, the vehicle travelled west out of the city where patrols successfully spiked the car on Henley Beach Road.
The car continued for a short time onto Yorktown Crescent at Henley Beach South where the occupants of the vehicle allegedly dumped the car and fled on foot.
Police said officers found all eight occupants of the car hiding in gardens on Fletcher Road and Anderson Street.
A 14-year-old boy from Hampstead Gardens, two 12-year-old boys from Greenacres, a 14-year-old boy from Pennington and a 13-year-old and 14-year-old boy from Hendon were arrested and charged with illegal use of a motor vehicle.
All were bailed to appear in the Adelaide Youth Court next month.
A 12-year-old boy from Campbelltown and a 17-year-old boy from Oakden were arrested and charged with illegal use of a motor vehicle and breach of bail offences.
They have been refused police bail and will appear in court on Monday.
Mr Szakacs said he was "outraged" and described the situation as "heartbreaking".
"It's heartbreaking to see people as young as 12 being involved in these types of criminal activity," he said.
"… We need to simultaneously get younger people more empowered with better influences and support in their life to make better decisions, whilst not shying away from dangerous and reckless behaviour being policed and being managed by authorities in the strongest way possible".