Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
National
Rebecca Sherdley

Road in Sneinton remains closed after gas explosion

A road in Sneinton remains closed after a gas explosion in a house.

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from London Road and Carlton stations were called to Lyndhurst Road at 10.19am on Saturday, November 9.

A cordon was set up in the street by the fire service.

The fire service had tweeted to say all people had been accounted for and were safe - but the road was to remain closed until the building was deemed structurally safe.

Nottinghamshire Police confirmed today (Sunday, November 10) that the road continues to be closed.

Lyndhurst Road in Sneinton closed (Nottingham Post)

A Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service tweet had said: "Crews from London Road and Carlton in attendance on Lyndhurst Road, Sneinton, following a suspected gas explosion.

Fire crews and police in Sneinton after 'suspected gas explosion'

"All persons accounted for, safe and well. Gas board in attendance also."

Later at 2pm on Saturday, the fire service tweeted to say they have left the scene.

A butane gas bottle caused the explosion.

They said: "Firefighters now leaving scene - this was an explosion caused by butane gas bottle. Incident left with Nottinghamshire Police and local authority - road closed for safety until building deemed structurally safe."

It is unclear how long the road will remain closed for.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.