Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Business

Rio Tinto says some Australian iron ore operations impacted by cyclone

FILE PHOTO: A sign adorns the building where mining company Rio Tinto has their office in Perth, Western Australia, November 19, 2015. REUTERS/David Gray/File Photo

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Rio Tinto, the world's second-largest iron ore miner, said on Monday that some of its rail and mining operations had been impacted by poor weather after a cyclone hit the coast of Western Australia over the weekend.

"The ports of Cape Lambert and Dampier remain closed and all port operations stopped. Some rail and mining operations have also been impacted by the adverse weather conditions. Normal operations will resume once safe to do so,” a Rio Tinto spokesman said in an emailed statement.

(Reporting by Melanie Burton; editing by Christian Schmollinger)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.