Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
USA Today Sports Media Group
USA Today Sports Media Group
Sport
Liz Mathews

Report: Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin’s career might be over

Just minutes after Seattle selected wide receiver D.K. Metcalf at No. 64 overall in the NFL draft, a report surfaced indicating Seahawks wideout Doug Baldwin might have played his last down.

“At the age of 30, Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin might be unable to play again due to the cumulative effect of multiple injuries, per sources,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweeted Friday evening. “There is a real chance that Baldwin, one of the Seahawks’ best and most popular players, has played his last NFL down, a source said Friday.”

Baldwin battled through injuries all of last year and has undergone three surgeries this offseason — to his shoulder, knee and most recently, to correct a sports hernia.

All recent indications from the team pointed to Baldwin on the mend.

“He’s working at it every day,” coach Pete Carroll said Monday during his pre-draft press conference. “He’s here in the building. He’s working at it, making good progress. It’s a long haul.”

This story is continuing to develop.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.