Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
USA Today Sports Media Group
USA Today Sports Media Group
Sport
Michael Mulford

Report: Miles Bridges turned down four-year, $60M offer from Hornets

Six games into the 2021-22 NBA season, Miles Bridges is on the cusp of taking a huge leap.

Bridges is averaging a career-high 26.2 points. 8.0 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and 1.8 steals while shooting 52.7% from the field and 39.5% from 3-point range, which included winning Eastern Conference Player of the Week during the first week of the season.

Prior to the season starting, Bridges and the Hornets failed to come to an agreement on a contract extension, which sets him up to become a restricted free agent come next summer.

On Friday’s episode of “The Hoop Collective”, Brian Windhorst of ESPN spoke of those contract talks that fell through.

“When he was in negotiations for his extensions a couple of weeks ago, I’m told the Hornets’ baseline offer was four years, $60 million,” Windhorst said. “That was Charlotte’s baseline offer. They may have come up. But they were never really close after. They were so far apart.”

About two weeks into the season and Miles Bridges has already made himself some money — a lot more money than $60 million over four years.

Bridges bet on himself and six games into the season, has already won.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.