Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Sport

Rennes president Letang leaves club - statement

FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Europa League - Round of 16 Second Leg - Arsenal v Stade Rennes - Emirates Stadium, London, Britain - March 14, 2019 Stade Rennes managing director Olivier Letang applauds fans after the match REUTERS/David Klein

President Olivier Letang is leaving Stade Rennais with immediate effect, the Ligue 1 club said without elaborating on Friday.

"Francois-Henri Pinault, owner of Stade Rennais since 1998, thanks Olivier Letang for his commitment and his contribution to the club's trajectory since 2017," Rennes said in a statement.

In the club's statement, Letang was quoted as saying he was leaving "reluctantly".

Board president Jacques Delanoe has been appointed on an interim basis.

Under Letang, Rennes won the French Cup last year, their first trophy in 48 years.

The Brittany side are third in the Ligue 1 standings.

(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Christian Radnedge)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.