Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Entertainment
Jamie Roberts

Ray J 'files for divorce' from Princess Love for third time while battling pneumonia

Ray J has reportedly filed for divorce from Princess Love while he is in hospital battling pneumonia.

It would mark the third time the rapper, 40, and his 37-year-old wife have filed the divorce documents against each other.

The first time came in May 2020 when Princess decided enough was enough before attempting reconciliation. September of the same year saw Ray file the papers.

At the time, he asked the judge to grant him joint custody of their children, three-year-old Melody and one-year-old Epik, while also requesting that their pre-nuptial agreement was upheld.

Again, however, the couple decided to give it another go and moved to Florida with their two children.

The pair have been married since 2016 but have endured a rocky relationship with Ray J - real name William Ray Norwood Jr - seemingly the latest to be unhappy in their coupling.

It's reportedly the third time Ray J and Princess Love have filed for divorce (Getty Images)

TMZ reported that the musician filed the documents on Wednesday to Los Angeles County Superior Court.

He has been battling pneumonia in a Miami hospital for four days. It was originally thought that the singer had Covid and he was reportedly placed on the Covid wing in the medical centre.

He tested negative for the virus five times, but his pneumonia was said to be so bad that doctors thought he might die.

Ray asked for his fans to pray for him as he tried to recover.

There had been times where he thought he was improving as he felt fine at six in the morning, but by 6.30am, he was struggling with his breathing again and started to fear the worst.

"I thought it was over," he said to TMZ. "I started praying and knew God is good so I just kept praying."

Despite his health worries, it's believed that the star is pushing to finally bring an end to the turbulent relationship.

Kim Kardashian denies existence of an unreleased sex tape with ex Ray J (WireImage)

Ray J released his debut album in 1997 but became a household name 10 years later after a sex tape of him and Kim Kardashian was made public.

There were rumours have an unreleased tape, but Kim denied its existence.

As well as his music career, the singer has forged an acting career, appearing on TV shows such as Love & Hip-Hop and Celebrity Big Brother and in movies including Sharknado 3 and Slasher Party.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.