East Midlands Designer Outlet was evacuated after a fire broke out behind three of its retail units.
Fire crews from Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire tackled the blaze at the McArthurGlen-owned shopping centre after it was reported at around 5.30pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 23).
In a statement confirming the fire had been extinguished at around 9.30pm, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service said the cause was likely 'accidental electrical'.
Firefighters from Ashfield, Alfreton, Chesterfield and Clay Cross, supported by an aerial ladder platform and water carrier, attended the incident off Mansfield Road.
No-one was injured in the blaze.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: "Two adjoining retail units affected by smoke were ventilated by fire crews using two large positive pressure ventilation fans.
"The onsite management team evacuated the shopping outlet, ensuring everyone was safe. The fire is now out and firefighters remain on scene clearing smoke using ventilation fans.
"The incident will be handed back into the care of the site management company later this evening."
The outlet will be open as usual on Wednesday, November 24, however, the three affected shops are expected to be closed for a couple of days.
Speaking on the incident, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service station manager Ian Snodgrass added: “The on-site management team were quick to act and safely evacuated everyone to a place of safety.
“I expect the three affected shops will remain closed for a couple of days. However, thanks to the swift actions of the fire crews attending who prevented the fire from spreading to the rest of the outlet, it is expected East Midlands Designer Outlet will be re-open for business as usual tomorrow morning.”
To read all the biggest and best stories first sign up to read our newsletters here .