Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading

Queensland virus alert prompts WA measures

WA Chief Health Officer Andrew Robertson has issued an alert after a Queensland-NSW COVID scare. (AAP)

Western Australia's health department is urging people who recently returned from Queensland, NSW and the ACT to get tested and self-quarantine if they were at sites a COVID-positive woman visited recently.

Queensland Health issued an alert on Wednesday after the woman tested positive for COVID-19 after travelling from Melbourne via NSW when she was meant to be in lockdown in the Victorian capital.

WA's Chief Health Officer Andrew Robertson said anyone who recently arrived in WA and had been to one of the listed Queensland exposure sites since June 1 during the relevant times is required to get tested and self-quarantine for 14 days.

That also applied to anyone who recently arrived from NSW and the ACT and had visited listed exposure sites there.

"The risk to WA is very low but it again highlights the importance of remaining vigilant to prevent any spread of the virus or community transmission in this State," Dr Robertson said in a statement on Wednesday night.

"It's also another timely reminder of why getting vaccinated is so important and I would again urge people to make their booking as soon as they are able to."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.