Queensland records no new cases of COVID-19
Queensland has recorded no new cases of COVID-19.
"This is the best result we could have hoped for," Deputy Premier Steven Miles said.
Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young confirmed the outbreak came from New South Wales.
Dr Young said New South Wales had notified Queensland Heath about a third truck driver who had been infectious while in the Queensland community.
"New South Wales has notified us of another positive truck driver, who has been in the Queensland community while infectious," she said.
"We got confirmation that two of the three gentlemen who crossed the border from NSW into Queensland and then one of them went and stayed with this family … we did get confirmation yesterday that two of those three have tested positive.
"That was on the 7th and 8th of September, that this truck driver came into Queensland while infectious and travelled through Brisbane, so we'll just be checking any exposure venues from that truck driver," she said.
One of the three people that crossed the border infected the family of five who tested positive on Saturday.
She said all the people that came across the border had appropriate paperwork.
"They came across the border with appropriate passes, I understand that police are looking at that, but I understand that everything was followed but there's further work being done by police.
"I am now confident that's where the virus came into Queensland to infect those five people.
"But, those two people had minimal exposure in Queensland.
"So they had not been around and about. So that is good news."
Dr Young said she was "not particularly concerned" but asked the Gold Coast community to be vigilant.
"One of them stayed in the house where the father lives and he went elsewhere.
"That's why was saying that people who live in the Gold Coast [need to be vigilant].
"The message out of these is, I think, that there's been minimal exposure from those two people that people just need to be cautious," she said.
The Chief Health Officer commended Queenslanders on getting tested.
"It's really, really important though…we're seeing these continual incursions … and if everyone does what they've been doing, we'll work through this."
Mr Miles warned that Queenslanders were not out of the woods yet.
“We need to continue to monitor the situation, particularly south of the river,” he said.
The Deputy Premier said the men who crossed the border were being looked into.
"It's the border that's keeping us safe right now and we need to do everything we can to make that border as strong as we can and … the police will investigate those circumstances," Mr Miles said.
"There are penalties if people are breaching the border restrictions."
Dr Young said she was hopeful the cluster won't spread, but stopped short of saying Queensland dodged a mass outbreak.
"It's too early to say that, but I sincerely hope that we have and it's because Queenslanders have just done everything right, yet again," she said.
Dr Young announced another overseas-acquired case in Townsville.
“There's been a miner who works in West Africa, who returned home from West Africa and went home to Charters Towers and Townsville and tested positive, but I'm very, very confident that's a historical case,” she said.
Dr Young said investigations would continue into the case and he is being tested again.
Vaccinations to become mandatory for Queensland health workers
Health Minister Yvette D'Ath announced that COVID vaccinations would now be mandated for every health worker in Queensland.
"Today also, we're announcing that we are mandating vaccinations for all of our health workers that work in our hospitals, [across] all of Queensland," she said.
Ms D'Ath said all health professionals must have at least one dose of the vaccine by the September 30 and be fully inoculated by the end of October.
"Eighty per cent of our employer health workforce admin, our clerical, our security, our cleaners, our nurses, our doctors, have already had one full dose and 73 per cent of our entire workforce is fully vaccinated … but we know we need to go even further."
She said she was confident the goal can be reached as the majority of the health workforce was already vaccinated.
Dr Young urged Queenslanders to follow restrictions and keep taking precautions like proper social distancing and mask wearing.
"We won't need to do it for too much longer, because soon we'll have everyone vaccinated, so please keep coming forward and getting vaccinated," she said.
More than 18,000 doses were administered in Queensland on Saturday.
"Thank you for over 18,000 people coming forward. That is a great result [and] we're hoping for another big day today. In fact, we're offering vaccinations at the NRL game at Rockhampton today, so let's see how many footy fans come forward and get vaccinated," Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said.