A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Qualcomm.
Looking at options history for Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) we detected 13 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 38% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 61% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 7 are puts, for a total amount of $577,916 and 6, calls, for a total amount of $264,250.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $105.0 to $130.0 for Qualcomm over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Qualcomm's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Qualcomm's whale trades within a strike price range from $105.0 to $130.0 in the last 30 days.
Qualcomm Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Qualcomm Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 666,667, the price of QCOM is up 0.4% at $107.12.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock is currently neutral between overbought and oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 86 days.
What The Experts Say On Qualcomm:
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $126.
- Keybanc has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $170.
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $160.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $150.
- Wells Fargo has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $125.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Qualcomm, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.