
Brisbanites will be able to visit aged care homes and hospitals and hold gatherings of up to 30 people after Queensland went 14 days without community spread of COVID-19.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles says the state recorded no new cases in the 24 hours to 9am on Thursday and had only five active cases.
Restrictions on visits to aged care homes and hospitals and a 10-person gathering limit in Brisbane, Logan and Ipswich will be lifted from 1am on Friday.
"So people can go ahead and organise that house party for Friday night," Dr Miles said.
Eight local government areas have been under tighter health measures for just over a month after an outbreak at Brisbane's Youth Detention Centre in Wacol.
The cluster, which spread to include a correctional training facility and Ipswich Hospital, led to 55 infections and restrictions being placed across southeast Queensland including a ban on visitors to aged care residents and a 10-person limit on home gatherings.
Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young was pleased with how the recent outbreak had been bought under control.
She said Queensland was capable of doing that again with contract-tracing and testing.
"When I saw where we got those cases, and where they were spreading, I was amazed that we were able to contain it," Dr Young said.
"It was due to an enormous amount of hard work by the community adhering to all of the requirements but also the public health units."
Dr Miles also again took aim at the federal government over its decision to withdraw Australian soldiers from Queensland's border checkpoints on September 30.
The pullout will be just one day before more than 150,000 extra NSW residents will be able to visit Queensland.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says other states will continue to have Australian Defence Force troops on their borders after September, and she hopes the federal government grants Queensland an extension as well.
"We would have to source extra people for the police on the borders. It's a big job but that job is keeping Queenslanders safe, so I'll wait to see the response from the prime minister," she said.
Dr Miles claimed federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg was wrong when he told a radio station on Thursday that the state government hadn't requested an extension.
The deputy premier handed out official correspondence from the assistant police commissioner asking the ADF to extend border operations until October 19.
He also revealed another letter from Ms Palaszczuk to Prime Minister Scott Morrison, in which she requested an extension.
"This is yet another example of a federal government minister being sent out by the prime minister to attack our government, in the local media here in Queensland, being caught out lying," Dr Miles said.
The federal-state stoush over the borders has become a potent issue ahead of the October 31 election in Queensland.