Prince William's 'second mum' Carole Middleton makes him feel "secure and protected", while Prince Harry lacks experience of how stable relationships work, a royal author has suggested.
Angela Levin claims that while the Duke of Cambridge adored his late mum, she was "relentlessly demanding" on him and even talked to him about her lovers.
However as an adult, he's had support, advice and love from his mother-in-law and has been "relieved of such burdens" and "accepted for who he was".
He's been extremely close to the businesswoman since he started dating Kate at university.
However Angela claims that his younger brother, Harry, hasn't had this experience.

She told Fabulous : "She made him feel secure, comfortable and protected and he didn’t have to worry about what he said or be responsible for her emotions.
“William learnt through the Middletons how a loving and supportive family works. It has been the bedrock of making Kate loving, calm and confident. Harry hasn’t had that parental opportunity.
“His background has just been of bitter fighting and incompatibility. Both he and Meghan come from very damaged backgrounds and must carry with them some of the negativity. It must be hard for them to help each other and lack experience in how stable, strong, understanding relationships work.”

William and Harry are set to unveil a statue to their late mother Princess Diana later this week on what would have been her 60th birthday.
She died when William was 15 and Harry 12, a year after her divorce from their father Prince Charles.
It is said that William's mother-in-law Carole has been a 'second mum' to the second-in-line to the throne since striking up a relationship with his now-wife Kate after meeting at university.

Harry, who now lives in California, arrived back in the UK last week.
The feuding brothers will be joined by other members of Diana's close family for the official unveiling.
It has been reported that William is planning to visit the statue privately with wife Kate and their three children ahead of the official unveiling.
It is understood he wants to have a chance to show Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis the statue of their grandmother before the event.
The Duchess of Cambridge had been set to be at Thursday's event but palace sources say plans for 100-plus people to attend were scrapped.
A royal source told The Mirror: “This is a small event and a very personal moment for the family.
“Plans have been scaled back due to the current COVID-19 restrictions and media arrangements reflect both the size and tone of the event.”