Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Tribune News Service
Tribune News Service
World
Jessica Schladebeck

Prince Charles back in self-isolation after testing positive for COVID-19 a second time

Britain’s Prince Charles has again tested positive for COVID-19 and is back in self-isolation, his office revealed on Thursday.

“[His royal highness] is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible,” Clarence House said in a tweet.

The announcement comes not 24 hours after the 74-year-old Prince of Wales attended a reception for the British Asian Trust alongside his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, according to previous tweets. He met scores of people at the event, held in the British Museum in London Wednesday evening, where he spoke about the “devastating impact” the pandemic has had on south Asia.

Among the guests in attendance were British Home Secretary Priti Patel and finance minister Rishi Sunak. Photos shared on social media show Charles posing alongside the high-profile officials.

The royal previously tested positive for coronavirus in March 2020. His office later said he experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms, including loss of his taste and smell, amid his seven days of isolation at his Balmoral Estate in Scotland.

____

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.