Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Wales Online
Wales Online
National
Neil Shaw

Pontins sets date for reopening its holiday parks

Pontins holiday parks across the UK will reopen on July 6, the company announced today.

They will be offering holidays until August 30 this year.

All accommodation will be self-catering, activities will be limited and there will be no entertainment, reports The Mirror.

A statement on the company website reads: "Pontins Holiday Parks and Sand Bay & Pakefield Holiday Villages are re-opening from 6th July 2020 in line with current government advice.

"At this time we can only offer self catered breaks.

"Following government guidelines there will be no entertainment and the activities on park will be limited as social distancing guidelines must be adhered to.

"Pontins Holidays takes the health & safety of all its guests and staff very seriously and as such please be advised we will review and update this information as it is released by the government.

"All our parks and holiday villages are situated a stone's throw from the beach; the weather is set to be fantastic; we look forward to welcoming you back."

Pontins had previously said its resorts will be closed until 2021.

But now the holiday company is offering a coronavirus guarantee with all holidays - offering the chance to claim a refund or rebook for 2021.

It comes as Haven holiday parks announced plans to reopen on July 3, provided government restrictions allow overnight stays.

And Butlin's has said it currently has no date for reopenings.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.