Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
World
Joshua Hartley

Police statement after major Nottingham road closed due to incident

A statement has been issued after a major road was closed by police due to concerns for a woman's safety.

Police said that they were called to reports of concerns for a woman’s safety in Clifton Boulevard shortly before 7pm on Thursday, January 6.

The road, next to the Queen's Medical Centre and the Ningbo Friendship Bridge, was closed while officers engaged with the woman and by 8pm the incident had been resolved safely.

A spokesperson for Nottinghamshire Police said: "Police were called to reports of concerns for a woman’s safety in Clifton Boulevard shortly before 7pm (Thursday, January 6).

"The road was closed while officers engaged with the woman.

"The incident was safely resolved by around 8pm."

To read all the biggest and best stories first sign up to read our newsletters here.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.