Police says one man still sought after Barcelona attacks
A man reacts at an impromptu memorial where a van crashed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain, August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Susana Vera
MADRID (Reuters) - The Catalonia police on Sunday said investigators were still working on the hypothesis of 12 suspects in the Barcelona attacks that took place on Thursday and that one man was still sought.
Speaking to local radio, spokesman Albert Oliva said this man was Moroccan-born 22-year-old Younes Abouyaaqoub.
He also said he could not confirm whether more than one person had died in a house blast in the town of Alcanar on Wednesday.
President of the Generalitat of Catalonia Carles Puigdemont and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy are seen at a High mass celebrated in memory of the victims of the van attack at Las Ramblas earlier this week, at the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Sergio Barrenechea/Pool
"It could be one, two or three," Oliva said.
(Reporting by Julien Toyer, Editing by Sarah White)
Catalan Mossos d'Esquadra officers patrol near an impromptu memorial where a van crashed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain, August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Susana VeraPeople gather at an impromptu memorial where a van crashed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain, August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Susana VeraPeople gather at an impromptu memorial where a van crashed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain, August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Susana VeraFlowers and candles lay on a Catalan flag at an impromptu memorial where a van crashed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain, August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Susana VeraPortuguese president Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa and King Felipe of Spain with his wife Letizia are seen as High mass is celebrated in the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in memory of the victims of the van attack at Las Ramblas in Barcelona earlier this week, Spain August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Sergio PerezHigh mass is celebrated in the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in memory of the victims of the van attack at Las Ramblas in Barcelona earlier this week, Spain August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Sergio PerezPortuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa, President of the Generalitat of Catalonia Carles Puigdemont and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy are seen as High mass is celebrated in the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in memory of the victims of the van attack at Las Ramblas in Barcelona earlier this week, Spain August 20, 2017. REUTERS/Sergio PerezPeople gather at an impromptu memorial where a van crashed into pedestrians at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain, August 19, 2017. REUTERS/Susana Vera
Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.