Police have issued a plea for an Ayrshire boy to return home after he vanished in the early hours of the morning.
Daneil Smith-Harkins disappeared in the early hours of this morning from Doura Place in Irvine.
The 13-year-old was last seen at 5.20am and cops have issued a plea directly to the youngster.
Speaking to Daniel, Inspector Darren Muir of Irvine Police Office insisted the teenager "isn't in any trouble."
Daniel is described as white, 5ft 6in tall, slim build with short light brown hair. When he was last seen he was wearing black jogging trousers, black hoodie and carrying a black rucksack.
Inspector Darren Muir, Irvine Police Office, said: "Enquiries are ongoing to trace Daniel however we are appealing for anyone who may have seen him to contact us.
"I'm also appealing directly to Daniel: you are not in any trouble, please let us know you are safe.''
Anyone with information should contact Police Scotland on 101 quoting reference number 0346 of 3 April, 2023.
- Carvery to open at former restaurant site with all you can eat breakfast and lunch
- Tributes to 'angel' Morrisons supermarket worker who had 'heart of gold'
- Vital information was crucial to Ayrshire weapons and drug raids
- Police probe unexplained death of woman, 41, in Ayr flats
- Class A drugs, knives and other weapons seized in 'day of action' by police
Don't miss the latest Ayrshire headlines – sign up to our free daily newsletter here