Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Edinburgh Live
Edinburgh Live
National
Robert Fairnie

Police investigation into reported rape on cycle path in Pilton has now 'concluded'

Police say they have now "concluded" their investigation into a reported rape near Ainslie Park in Pilton.

They add that "no criminality" has been established and they'll be taking no further action.

A cycle path close to the East Pilton Farm area was cordoned off for most of Monday as police investigated reports a man had been seriously sexually assaulted.

On Monday afternoon they said that their enquiries were ongoing.

However Police Scotland have now confirmed that they'll not be investigating any further, before thanking the public for their assistance.

A spokesperson said: "Following the report of a serious sexual assault in the Pilton area of Edinburgh in the early hours on Monday, 28 October, detectives have carried out a thorough investigation and inquiries have concluded, with no criminality established.

"No further police action is required.

"Officers would like to thank the public for their co-operation to allow investigations to take place."

To receive one WhatsApp message a day with Edinburgh Live's headlines, as well as breaking news alerts, text NEWS to 07899067815. Then add the number to your contacts as 'Edinburgh Live'.

For more stories from across the Edinburgh area like our  Facebook page , or follow us on  Twitter  and  Instagram . You can also subscribe to our newsletter: enter your email in the blue box at the top of this article.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.