Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Bristol Post
Bristol Post
National
Sophie Grubb

Police find body in search for missing 83-year-old

A body has been found in the search for an elderly man who went missing on Sunday (August 30).

Police initially believed Wenceslao Solinis had travelled to Bristol or Bath, but a body believed to be his has now been found in his hometown of Swindon.

The 83-year-old lived in the Rodbourne area of the town, and Wiltshire Police had urged anyone who had seen him to call 999.

In an update shared on Twitter this afternoon (Thursday), the force said: "At around 10am yesterday we received a call about the discovery of a man’s body in Swindon town centre.

"Sadly, it is believed to be the 83-year-old man who we reported missing two days ago.

"His family have been told."

The circumstances of his death are not thought to be suspicious, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.

Police issued an appeal earlier this week to find the pensioner, which has since been removed from its website and social media pages.

A cordon was in place in and around the Brunel North car park in the town centre, following the discovery.

The body has not yet been formally identified.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.