Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Person dead, 14-year-old boy wounded in Pullman shooting

Chicago police work the scene where two people were shot in the 11200 block of south Doty Avenue, in the Pullman neighborhood, Friday, Dec. 17, 2021. | Tyler LaRiviere/Sun-Times | Tyler LaRiviere/Sun-Times, Tyler LaRiviere/Sun-Times

One person was killed and a 14-year-old boy was wounded in a shooting in Pullman on the Far South Side Friday night.

A 14-year-old boy stopped two officers about 7 p.m., telling them he and his brother had been shot in the 11100 block of South Doty Avenue, Chicago police said.

Police followed the teen about two blocks and found another person shot, police said. That person, a male whose age was not immediately known, was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he later died, police said. His name hasn’t been released.

The teen was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital with a gunshot wound to the wrist, police said. He was listed in good condition.

No one was in custody.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.