Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Newcastle Herald
Newcastle Herald
National
Barry Toohey

Pearce's new deal with the Knights finalised

Mitchell Pearce says he "never wanted to go anywhere else".

Former skipper Mitchell Pearce has finalised a one-year contract extension with the Knights.

Tuesday's announcement had been widely expected with "red tape" over the past week holding up the deal becoming official.

After a summer engulfed by controversy, the veteran playmaker will be hoping the deal - which will see him remain at the Knights until the end of 2022 - can see the focus shift back to the playing field.

MORE ON THE KNIGHTS:

"I'm really grateful for the trust from the club and excited for what's ahead," Pearce said.

"There's been a lot of talk, but I never wanted to go anywhere else.

"Since coming up here, I've been striving hard to achieve what we want to achieve.

"I see myself as a Knight now and I really want to get the job done with the club and the boys up here."

More to come

Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.