Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Sport
Alex Richards

Paulo Dybala fully recovered from coronavirus after finally posting negative test

Juventus star Paulo Dybala has fully recovered from coronavirus, the Italian club have announced.

Dybala confirmed on March 21 that he and his girlfriend, Oriana Sabatini, had contracted COVID-19.

The Argentine, who has previously failed four tests, will no longer be subject to home isolation, after undergoing a double check on Wednesday.

A statement from the Bianconeri declared: "Paulo Dybala performed, as per protocol, a double check with diagnostic tests (swabs) for Coronavirus-Covid 19, which came back with negative results.

"The player has, therefore, recovered and will no longer be subjected to the home isolation regime."

Dybala immediately posted on Instagram on Wednesday (Instagram/@paulodybala)

Dybala added on social media: "Many people talked in the past weeks... but I can finally confirm that I am healed.

"Thank you once again for your support and my thoughts on all who are still suffering from it. Take care!"

Last month Dybala spoke out on the effects of the disease, and how it had initially left him struggling to breathe.

"I had stronger symptoms, I got tired very quickly, when I wanted to train, I was short of breath after five minutes.

"There we noticed that something was not right and through the tests the club did we were told that we were positive.

Dybala will hope to get back to action soon (ALESSANDRO DI MARCO/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock)

"From there we had more symptoms, such as cough, tired body and when we slept I felt very cold, but from the club they had told us that we were going to be fine so we had to be calm."

Those symptoms had worn off during the last month, but Dybala still continued to test positive when tested by medical staff.

He was one of three Juve stars to contract the disease - after Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi were also confirmed as cases.

A number of Juventus stars returned to the club's training ground to prepare for Serie A's potential return on Monday and Dybala will hope to join up with his teammates soon.

Cristiano Ronaldo remains absent, having been placed in quarantine for 14 days following his return to Turin from Madeira.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.