Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Health

Patrick McEnroe feeling fine after mild case of coronavirus

FILE PHOTO: U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe talks during a news conference during the U.S. Open tennis tournament in Flushing Meadows in New York, September 4, 2008. REUTERS/Teddy Blackburn

Retired tennis player Patrick McEnroe has recovered from a mild case of coronavirus, he announced on social media on Tuesday.

McEnroe, younger brother of seven-times Grand Slam champion John, said he had been tested after experiencing "some minor symptoms" about 10 or 11 days ago.

"My tests just came back positive," the 53-year-old said on Twitter. "That's the bad news. The good news is I feel fine. My symptoms have passed. I feel 100%.

"I'm an example of someone that has been able to fight through it and I'm doing absolutely fine."

McEnroe, 53, lives in the metropolitan New York City area, one of the hardest hit cities for the virus in the United States.

He reached a career high ranking of 28 before retiring in 1998, and was later a U.S. Davis Cup captain.

He is currently a tennis analyst for ESPN.

(Reporting by Andrew Both in Cary, North Carolina; editing by Ken Ferris)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.