Paolo Nutini launches career comeback with first new music in eight years
Paolo Nutini has delighted fans by announcing his return to the music scene after almost a decade away from the charts.
The 35-year-old Scotsman has teased the release of his fourth studio album and unleashed the first two tracks from the record – his first new music since the release of 2014’s Caustic Love.
The new album is due to be 70 minutes long and will incorporate a range of music genres from classic tock to post punk – with the new record titled Last Night In The Bittersweet.
Taking to social media on Wednesday night, Paolo revealed that the record will be released on 1 July – while singles titled Through The Echoes and Lose It are already available to listen to – ending the long wait fans have endured for new music from him.
A source close to the star explained to The Sun why there had been such a long gap between albums – and explained that fans will get a full range of different music sounds via the record as the first two tunes proved.
The source said: “Paolo has spent so long working on this new music that he has been extra hands-on in making sure everything is completely perfect.
“He cares so much about the songs and wants to give his fans, who have waited years for new music, the best experience possible.
View this post on Instagram
“Paolo was insistent that only a handful of people in his inner circle listened to the songs before they were released. And hardly anyone has heard the album yet.”
News of the new album has been a hit with fans – with many taking to Paolo’s Instagram post about the new record to share their excitement.
One thrilled follower responded, writing: “cannot wait for this!!”
Another gushed: “our summer listening SORTED”
While another fan typed: “this is MAJOR” and another simply wrote: “he’s back!”
As well as having new music to release, Paolo will be hitting the road – with a string of summer festivals coming up.
He also released tickets to a string of intimate UK performances that will take place next week – but the tickets to the events sold out within seconds of going on sale.
Fans have been left furious, however, after tickets to the sold out gigs surfaced on tout sites – being sold at 15 times their original value.
Paolo's headline gigs at London’s 100 Club have been posted with prices ranging from £369 to £635 and £852 – when the original cost for tickets was £35 plus booking fee.
Fans hit out at the inflated re-sale prices, with one complaining online: "Can you explain how is it possible that I was in the queue and after 30secs everything was sold out. Also, why tickets are now available on viagogo for £600? Like at 9.01 you could purchase tickets from resellers."
While Paolo himself reacted to the news, tweeting: "Please DON'T buy tickets at inflated prices from unauthorised resale sites such as Viagogo as those tickets will not be valid."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Viagogo said: “viagogo provides a safe and fully regulated platform for anyone who has spare tickets or no longer wish to attend an event to sell these on to fans who may have missed out the first time round.
“This service, where prices are ultimately determined by the fans in a free marketplace, takes nothing away from artists, promoters and venues who, in the case Paolo Nutini’s popular run of shows, sold out all their tickets at the prices they set. However, we welcome the opportunity to work with event organisers to maximise attendance.
“Restrictive conditions imposed by an event organiser aim to limit flexibility in the ticketing process and only end up harming fans who’ve purchased valid tickets. All restrictions are always clearly displayed on our platform but fans should have peace of mind that in the rare case they are refused entry to an event, they are covered by the viagogo Guarantee.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct at 0207 29 33033.