
Israeli forces shot dead a 15-year-old Palestinian during clashes in the occupied West Bank Wednesday, the Palestinian health ministry said, as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was visiting Israel.
The health ministry announced that Zaid Qaysia was "killed by a live bullet in the head fired by the Israeli soldiers in Al-Fawar camp" near Hebron in the southern West Bank, with a further four Palestinians injured during clashes.
The Israeli military said troops had entered the camp to make arrests and had been met with a "violent riot" in which shots were heard and a soldier was lightly injured.
"Troops responded with riot dispersal means and live fire.
"We are aware of a report regarding a Palestinian casualty and a number of injured Palestinians," it added.
Witnesses said the raid by Israeli force in the early hours had sparked clashes with residents.
It was the second death in clashes in the West Bank in as many days.
Pompeo arrived in Israel Wednesday for talks on regional security and the country's plans to annex parts of the West Bank.
The talks were also expected to cover Iran after Israel is believed to have launched strikes against Iranian bases in neighboring Syria in recent weeks.