
NSW has reported no new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm Saturday night, but there is one known case confirmed which will be reported in tomorrow's figures.
Four cases were reported in overseas travellers in hotel quarantine, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 4,236.
There were 14,751 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with 13,134 in the previous 24 hours.
NSW Health is calling on the people of south west Sydney, where there have been a number of recent cases in the community, to come forward for testing. Most people receive their test results within 24 hours.
NSW Health can advise there has been an additional case reported since 8pm last night in south west Sydney. This case will be reported in tomorrow's numbers and is the sixth case linked to the Hoxton Park cluster. This case is the second child to have likely acquired their infection at Flip Out Prestons Indoor Trampoline Park, Unit B/238 Hoxton Park Road, Prestons, while there at the same time as a positive case, also a child, on Sunday October 25.
WEEKEND FIGURES
A day after the Queensland government declared it was still a coronavirus hotspot, Sydney has recorded just one new case.
The single case was recorded from more than 13,000 tests in NSW in the 24 hours to 8pm on Friday.
It was that of a previously reported teen who attended Flip Out Prestons Indoor Trampoline Park at Prestons at the same time as a known case.
The teen is also a student at Cabramatta High School, which is closed for deep cleaning over the weekend.
IN THE NEWS:
- Saints in Newcastle East is your hip new gin bar with a familiar edge
- Bond movie idol Sean Connery dies, aged 90
- Surfing The Spectrum throws lifeline to families living with autism
No new cases were recorded in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday and only nine cases have been recorded in the last week, all bar one of which have been traced to a source.
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Friday announced travel restrictions will ease from 1am on Tuesday, with the state's border to open to everyone but those in greater Sydney and Victoria.
Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young on Friday praised NSW's contact tracing and testing regime and said she planned to let Sydneysiders into the state but changed her mind after another mystery COVID-19 outbreak.
Dr Young said there was "a strong possibility" Queensland would open to Sydney once NSW was on top of the community outbreaks.
But NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said that isn't good enough and there is no reason Sydneysiders shouldn't be able to travel to Queensland now.
She said the lengths Queensland and WA have gone to is beyond the realm of logic and is hurting families, individuals and businesses.
Australian Associated Press