NSW records 1220 COVID-19 cases, 8 deaths
NSW recorded 1220 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 and eight deaths on Tuesday.
The total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic is 36,078.
Of the new locally acquired cases reported to 8pm last night:
- 422 are from Western Sydney Local Health District
- 392 are from South Western Sydney LHD
- 128 are from Sydney LHD
- 89 are from South Eastern Sydney LHD
- 74 are from Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
- 27 are from Western NSW LHD
- 22 are from Central Coast LHD
- 20 are from Northern Sydney LHD
- 14 are from Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD
- seven are from Hunter New England LHD
- seven are in correctional settings
- four are from Far West LHD
- two are from Southern NSW LHD
- 12 cases are yet to be assigned to an LHD.
NSW Health announced the deaths of eight people who had COVID-19, including an unvaccinated woman in her 70s at Dubbo Hospital.
The seven deaths in Sydney included a man in his 50s and another in his 60s. The rest were aged 70 or older.
The deaths brought the state's toll to 139 since June.
NSW has 1151 COVID-19 cases in hospital, including 192 in intensive care and 75 requiring ventilation.