Nottingham Forest are on the verge of completing a move for striker Nuno da Costa, according to reports.
French newspaper L’Alsace say a deal is “almost done” for the Strasbourg forward.
They claim an improved offer from the Reds seems to have secured the services of the 28-year-old.
It is said Forest initially made a 1.5m euros bid which was rejected, only to increase that to 1.8m euros.
They state the Championship side “made an extra effort” and the French club “should receive 2m euros and bonuses” for the player.
It has previously been suggested a three-and-a-half-year contract had been agreed for Da Costa to come to the City Ground.
Head coach Sabri Lamouchi has made no secret of his wish to strengthen his forward ranks during the transfer window.
However, after Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw with Reading, he said it would be unlikely reinforcements would arrive before next week’s trip to face Brentford.
“I don’t have news,” he said, when asked about any transfer update.
“For me, I think it could be on the last day of the window.
“We have played a lot of games in January without new players. We played tonight without new players. We will play next week, probably, without any new players.”