Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Matt Davies

Nottingham Forest target not in FA Cup squad - sparking further transfer talk

Nottingham Forest target Glenn Murray was not named in Brighton's squad for their FA Cup third roun tie against Sheffield Wednesday today, sparking further speculation over his future.

The 36-year-old is understood to be on the Reds' January transfer window shortlist as they look to strengthen their attacking options.

Ten of his 14 appearances for the Premier League side so far this season have come from off the bench, while his only goal came back in August in the Carabao Cup.

In the build-up to the game, Seagulls boss Graham Potter said he was unaware of any interest from the Reds.

He told Sky Sports: “It’s news to me, I’ve not heard anything and Glenn has been great for us.

“At the same time, every player wants to be out on the pitch but I have no problem with him.”

Potter has previously said he will let Murray leave to get more regular football.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.