Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Chris Watson

Nottingham Forest man drops big hint on future as Reds sent Johnson message

Here are your Nottingham Forest morning headlines on Thursday, May 13, 2021.

Farewell?

Yuri Ribeiro appears to have confirmed that he will be leaving Nottingham Forest this summer.

The 24-year-old defender's current contract at the City Ground is due to expire.

There had been reports that Forest were set to offer him the chance to extend his stay in the East Midlands.

However, the player dropped a big hint about his future in a heartfelt message to the fans, which reads like a farewell.

"Playing in England has always been a dream," Ribeiro posted on his social media channels. "Thanks @officialnffc for allowing me that.

"We wanted more this season but it’s not always possible.

"I'm sure this club will achieve what it deserves in the future.

"For me it was an incredible experience! I've learned a lot this year!

"Thank you all for the support!"

READ MORE HERE

'Truly shocked'

Nottingham Forest fans were left "shocked" and "gutted" after Yuri Ribeiro appeared to confirm he is leaving the club.

Forest supporters took to social media to give their reaction to Ribeiro's latest comments.

"I'm truly shocked at this news," said one on Twitter. "Think you’ve proven enough to deserve an extension. All the best Yuri."

Another tweeted: "Great performer for us. If this is a goodbye message, I wish you all the best for the future."

Meanwhile, a third fan added: "Gutted to see you go. Best LB we've had in a decade."

READ MORE HERE

Bright future

Teenager Alex Mighten is convinced the future is bright for Nottingham Forest, with some of the club’s young players set to return from valuable loan spells this summer.

While Mighten has impressed in the Garibaldi this term, others on the club’s books have been gaining experience elsewhere.

The likes of fellow Nigel Doughty Academy graduates Brennan Johnson, at Lincoln City, Jordan Gabriel, at Blackpool, and Tyrese Fornah, for Plymouth Argyle, have notched up plenty of minutes and put in strong performances.

All three will hope to get a chance to catch the eye of Reds boss Chris Hughton in pre-season, with a view to being involved for the first-team in 2021/22.

“I do think the future is bright,” said Mighten.

“It’s been a very good season for players who have gained experience - not only here, but on loan.

READ MORE HERE

Johnson ready

Nottingham Forest talent Brennan Johnson is ready for the Championship, according to Lincoln City manager Michael Appleton.

Johnson has been a revelation during his season-long loan with the Imps, who have finished fifth in League One and are preparing for a play-off semi-final against Sunderland.

The Wales international has scored 12 goals amid a string of sparkling displays for Appleton’s side.

Having proved himself in the third tier, the next step is the Championship.

And Appleton is sure Johnson is ready to go to the next level.

“I’ve not been surprised, I knew about his ability and I spoke to his dad numerous times,” said Appleton, who is friends with Johnson’s father, David, the ex-Reds striker.

READ MORE HERE

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.