Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Tom Leach

Nottingham Forest given major update on Newcastle United man Jack Colback

JACK COLBACK LATEST

Newcastle United will allow former Nottingham Forest loan favourite Jack Colback to leave the club this summer, allowing him to complete a free transfer elsewhere.

The 30-year-old is understood to have not trained with the North East clubs upon their return to training ahead of the Premier League's big restart.

The FA have allowed Newcastle and their Premier League rivals to extend their already large squads to help combat injuries that may arise during the final weeks of the season.

But Colback has not been named in Steve Bruce's expanded side and is free to find a new home this summer.

The Reds came close to signing Colback last summer following his impressive loan spell with the club, but it is thought that high wage demands prevented the move from happening.

HERE IS THE FULL STORY

HULL KEEN ON MILOSEVIC

Alex Milosevic warms up with Molla Wague. (Ritchie Sumpter@JMS Photography)

Championship rivals Hull City have been linked with a move for released Nottingham Forest defender Alex Milosevic.

The Sweden international, signed by Martin O'Neill, was cast out at the City Ground under Sabri Lamouchi, only making 11 appearances until his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

But a return to England could now be on the cards for the central defender as Hull consider a swoop for his services.

That's according to a report by Swedish outlet Fotboll Direkt.

Reporters close to the defender claim that the Humberside club are showing 'concrete interest' in Milosevic who would be able to join the club for free.

HERE IS THE FULL STORY

MBAYE DIANGE ON HIS FUTURE

Mbaye Diagne in action for Galatasaray (VI Images/Getty Images)

Forest target Mbaye Diagne has been speaking about the future, after his loan with Belgian side Club Brugge came to an end.

The striker has also been linked with Leeds United and Premier League Watford, but piqued the interest of Reds fans last month with a cryptic Instagram post which seemed to hint at a move to the City Ground.

For the time being however, Diagne has returned to parent club Galatasaray, with Brugge reportedly not exercising a purchase option.

“Now I’m going back to Galatasaray because I have a contract until 2023,” he told Tuttomercato in a translated interview.

HERE IS WHAT HE HAD TO SAY

GARRY MONK ON CHAMPIONSHIP RESTART

Garry Monk, manager of Sheffield Wednesday (Getty)

The time Nottingham Forest and the rest of the Championship have to prepare for a return to action is "inadequate", according to one manager.

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has hit out at the proposed June 20 restart date, with the campaign set to resume following a more than three-month suspension.

The English Football League on Sunday announced their plans for the second tier to follow the Premier League’s lead in returning to action later this month.

Teams were back in training last week and some have now progressed to contact training.

Monk, though, feels the current plan doesn’t allow enough time for players to reach peak fitness, following their lay-off.

Speaking to the media via Zoom, he said: "I think everyone was taken aback.

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk (PA)

"We all thought in the back of our minds that, going through the communication we had a couple of weeks ago in the managers' meeting that we had, that we would need a minimum of three weeks contact training.

“That is what we asked for and we all knew that we were working at least a week behind the Premier League, and we all thought we would be starting a week behind the Premier League.

"Of course, the announcement was a huge surprise, but it is what it is and I'm not complaining about it."

MORE FROM MONK

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.