Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

Nottingham Forest 'enquire' about Premier League striker duo

Nottingham Forest are said to have “enquired” about the possibility of January moves for Premier League duo Andre Gray and Connor Wickham.

Strengthening their forward ranks is a priority for the Reds during the transfer window, with Lewis Grabban left as the only recognised front man after Rafa Mir’s loan spell from Wolverhampton Wanderers was cut short.

According to the Evening Standard, Forest have “enquired about the availability of Watford striker Gray to see if a deal can be done” and “have also checked in with Crystal Palace over a possible deal for Wickham”.

But they could face competition from Championship rivals, with Leeds United reportedly keen on Gray, who, it is said, “could leave on loan this month”.

Meanwhile, Sheffield Wednesday have also been linked with Wickham again - after interest was reported last month - as the Standard say a loan move to the second tier “looks likely”.

Gray, 28, has made just seven top-flight starts for the Hornets this season, making 21 appearances in total across all competitions and scoring two goals.

Wickham has found game time even tougher to come by, with the 26-year-old featuring six times and scoring once so far this term.

Arsenal forward Eddie Nketiah and Southampton’s Che Adams had both been on the Reds’ striker shortlist, but it has been reported both are set to stay put this month.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.