Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

Nottingham Forest duo linked with January moves as boss explains transfer plans

Boss Chris Hughton admits the emphasis of any remaining transfer business for Nottingham Forest will be on the here and now - rather than on the long-term.

The Reds manager says there is always planning going on for the future, but his priority is to ensure he has a squad capable of securing survival.

Forest are 20th in the Championship table  ahead of tomorrow’s clash  at home to Barnsley, just two points above the relegation zone.

They have extended the loan deal of Anthony Knockaert from Fulham and brought in Filip Krovinovic on loan from Benfica last week, with Hughton hoping to strengthen his attacking arsenal further before Monday’s deadline.

Read more, here.

GARIBALDI RED: The more important transfer window for Nottingham Forest is in the summer

Attracting attention

Nottingham Forest youngster Will Swan is said to be the subject of interest from Ipswich Town.

The League One outfit are “weighing up a loan offer” for the striker, according to the East Anglian Daily Times.

A regular for the youth sides, Swan has broken into the Reds first-team this season.

He was handed his senior debut by Chris Hughton in November, when he came off the bench in the 1-0 defeat to Swansea City.

Read more, here.

Potential exits

Nottingham Forest boss Chris Hughton admits “the occasional surprise” departure can never be ruled out before the January transfer window closes.

The Reds are hoping to bring in further attacking reinforcements before Monday’s deadline, having already added Filip Krovinovic and extended Anthony Knockaert’s loan.

Hughton has also been keen to oversee some exits this month in a bid to trim his squad.

Tendayi Darikwa and Zach Clough have both gone to Wigan Athletic, while Nicholas Ioannou is on loan at Aris Thessaloniki.

Read more, here.

Nottingham Forest manager Chris Hughton against Millwall (PA)

Surprise move?

Nottingham Forest midfielder Harry Arter has been linked with a surprise move away from the City Ground before Monday’s transfer deadline.

The summer signing is currently sidelined with a calf problem and has not featured since the FA Cup victory over Cardiff City at the start of the month.

Football Insider claim the Reds “are ready to offload” the former Bournemouth man, saying boss Chris Hughton has told Arter “he is now free to find a new club” ahead of the window closing.

The 31-year-old has made 14 appearances in the Garibaldi since he made the move to the City Ground from the Cherries last September.

Read more, here.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.