Forest confirm game status
Nottingham Forest have confirmed that their Boxing Day clash against Birmingham City will go ahead as originally scheduled after the squad underwent a round of Coronavirus tests.
The squad took part in the tests as a precaution on Tuesday after an outbreak of the virus within the Millwall camp - the team Forest faced on Saturday.
The Lions have since seen their next two games suspended, but Forest have said that while they will not be making the results of the tests carried out public, the clash vs Blues will go ahead as planned.
Chris Hughton’s side will host Birmingham City at the City Ground on Boxing Day.
Manager makes transfer admission
Shamrock Rovers manager Stephen Bradley has admitted that he is planning for life without midfielder Jack Byrne after the transfer window, but underlined his hope that the player will stay at the club.
The 24-year-old has been linked with a move to Nottingham Forest ahead of the January window, which opens in just over a week's time.
Reports in Cyprus claimed that the Reds and APOEL are rivaling each other for the player, who has scored nine goals and provided three assists in 17 Irish Premier League appearances so far this season.
Amid speculation over the player’s future, Bradley outlined the club’s stance on a potential move.
Christmas schedule
Forest boss Chris Hughton has confirmed that the squad will train on Christmas Day ahead of the Boxing Day clash vs Birmingham City at the City Ground, stating that it will be ‘business as usual’ for the squad.
“This is a week we've been looking forward to. We'll train on Christmas Day,” Hughton said.
"Just to have a week to work with the players and get our messages over, plus for the players to have a bit of downtime, it's something we've been looking forward to.
"The players had a couple of days off so we'll work through to the Birmingham game."